Resources and Services by Core
- Administrative: The Administrative core manages all central support provided by the institute including faculty recruitment, investigator development, communications, proposal development, and research administration/ financial management.
- Biomedical Informatics Resources: The BMIR program supports the development of robust clinical and translational research projects through the utilization of unique clinical data
- Clinical Trials Research Unit: The CTRU provies investigators with the services and expertise necessary to conduct clinical trials and guide participants through the clinical trial process.
- Community Engagement and Outreach: The CEO core leverages partnerships across the state to conduct community engaged research that benefits the people of Appalachia.
- Professional Development Core: The Professional Development Core provides educational programs that create trained health professionals and researchers who will be competitive in securing external funding for research in WVCTSI’s priority health areas.
- Clinical Research Design, Epidemiology, and Biostatistics: The CRDEB program provides clinical and translational researchers across the state with the biostatistical and epidemiologic expertise essential to addressing the health disparities among Appalachian patients.
- Ethics, Regulatory Knowledge and Support: The ERKS core develops effective coordination measures that enhance the ethical conduct of research and ensure the respect for participant autonomy and wellbeing.
- Tracking and Evaluation: The Tracking and Evaluation Core analyzes data to ensure all parts of WVCTSI are effectively accomplishing their missions to create a healthier Appalachia.
- Pilot Projects Core: The Pilot Projects Core provides a mechanism for soliciting and awarding clinical, translational, and community engagement projects, from concept to competitiveness for external funding.