The WVCTSI is committed to nurturing an interactive community of scientists, educators, health service providers and advocates dedicated to improving the health and healthcare of the people of West Virginia and neighboring communities through research and the translation of research findings to help improve clinical practices and public health.
The WVCTSI encourages faculty, scientists, clinical and research fellows, residents, students, trainees, and community members or members of organizations engaged or interested in clinical and translational research to become members of the WVCTSI.
- Faculty/Clinician/Scientist and Associate/Trainees will be asked to upload a current curriculum vitae or an NIH-style Biographical Sketch and a brief statement of your interest in clinical and translational research.
- Community Partners may choose to upload a current resume
- General Interest - may choose to upload a current resume
Benefits of Membership for Faculty, Clinicians, Associates and Trainees:
- Access to WVCTSI training and mentoring opportunities
- Access to research support services & resources such as the Integrated Data Repository & Biostatistics Consulting Services
- Information on clinical and translational research opportunities, including pilot funding
Benefits of Membership to Community Partners:
- Interactions and collaborations with scientists, clinicians, trainees, and community partners who share an interest in clinical and translational research to improve the health and healthcare of West Virginians and neighboring Appalachians
- Receive regular ENews updates and special announcements through the WVCTSI list serv
Benefits of General Interest Membership
- Receive regular ENews updates and special announcements through WVCTSI listserv
Responsibilities of Membership:
- Commitment to Citing WVCTSI in publications and presentations
- Commitment to promoting the mission, goals, and objectives of the WVCTSI
- Commitment to sharing expertise and being involved in collaborative research
- Providing requested information, such as biographical sketches, resumes, publications, and responses to surveys
Types of Membership:
Faculty/Scientist: Faculty or faculty-equivalent at WVU, CAMC, WVSOM, or other WVCTSI partners or affiliates, with interest in clinical and translational research
Associate/Trainee: Clinical fellows and residents, postdoctoral fellows, and graduate and undergraduate students at WVU, WVSOM, or other WVCTSI partners or affiliates, with interest in clinical and translational research
Community Partner: Individuals or organizations in West Virginia and neighboring communities involved in education or service related to wellness, health, and healthcare, and having an interest in clinical and translational research
General Interest: media, interest groups, colleagues at other institutions, etc., who may be interested in clinical and translational research, but would not necessarily utilize WVCTSI services