Editorial Services for Publications
The purpose of these editorial services is to assist WVCTSI members with submission of their clinical and translational research findings as high quality manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals. This service is designed to assist researchers in preparing a polished submission for the journal of their choice so that the manuscript is accepted for publication and, in turn, the research findings are disseminated in the scientific literature. In order to achieve success with the publication of research findings, clear and concise scientific writing is needed for effective communication of the study results. Editorial support, which may include proof reading, copyediting and/or substantive editing of the manuscript, is an ideal way to ensure the publication is well prepared for a successful submission. A well written manuscript will enable the research to contribute to the body of knowledge for a given discipline and/or disease that will improve the health of West Virginians and the nation.
Featured Editorial Service Publication
James Bardes, M.D., Assistant Professor of Trauma, Acute Care Surgery and Surgical Critical Care with the WVU School of Medicine,
Publication consultation: Assistance to investigators with the publication process (i.e. selecting the journal and manuscript format) and identify the type of editorial service, as needed
Proof reading: Editing provided for spelling typographical and grammatical errors
Copyediting: Editing is provided for sentence structure, formatting consistent with journal requirements, and proofreading
Substantive editing: Editing is provided to improve the clarity and content of the scientific communication with suggestions for wording and formatting, copyediting, and proofreading with journal requirements
How to request services
1) Review eligibility requirements here
2) Eligible WVCTSI members can request this service though iLab.
3) When in iLab choose “initiate request” next to Editorial Services for Publications.
4) Complete the request form in full; then click “submit”.
-Please do not enter any payment information as this service is currently provided at no cost
5) Your request will be reviewed and the WVCTSI Editorial Services Coordinator will work with you to complete your request. Our team will work to respond to your request within three business days.
6) Request for editorial services will be declined if a full draft of the manuscript, including instructions to authors for your selected journal, is not included in the iLab request. Additional information on eligibility can be found here.