Resources and Services
WVCTSI members can request support from the Clinical Research Resources and Facilities core for a variety of resources and services to assist with the development, implementation, training and support of clinical research.
- Clinical Trials Center of Excellence resources include COE Registration reviews and Standard Operating Procedures
- Principal Investigators’ Academy
- Clinical Research Services include study coordination, regulatory, and accounting/contracting assistance as well as Advarra OnCore and associated regulatory plaform eReg and Clinicaltrials.gov support
WVCTSI’s Community Engagement and Outreach Core allows WVCTSI members to connect with various patients, providers, and community members to create impactful research that reflects the health priorities of West Virginia populations through a series of innovative projects and programs.
- West Virginia Practice-Based Research Network
- WVCTSI Project ECHO
- Community Trainings
- Community Advisory Board
Understanding the importance of high-quality data, WVCTSI provides members with the ability to request a variety of biostatistical, epidemiological, and study design services, as well as custom clinical datasets from multiple sources. Additionally, members have access to innovative systems and platforms to assist with their research, data collection, and analysis.
- Biostatistical Consulting (study design, sample size calculations, statistical analysis, interpretation of results)
- Custom clinical data sets constructed by experienced analysts, from sources including the Integrated Data Repository (IDR) and the National COVID Cohort Collaborative (N3C)
- Innovative data exploration and capture platforms including TriNetX and REDCap
Developing the careers of current and early career stage clinical and translational science investigators is a priority for WVCTSI. The Professional Development core provides members with access to academic programs, coaching, mentorship, networking, grant writing groups, and more.
- Clinical and Translational Science Academic Programs (Certificate, M.S., Ph.D.)
- Research Scholars Program
- Interactive Grant Writing Groups (K, R01, and R03/R21 writing groups)
WVCTSI offers a variety of funding opportunities to for investigators across the clinical and translational research spectrum. The WVCTSI Pilot Project Core offers these funding opportunities to increase the number of investigators who are positioned to receive external funding.
Additional Resources and Services
In addition to the services and resources listed above, WVCTSI membership also provides the benefits of communications, finance, and evaluation support. Additional information on these services can be found below.