WVCTSI is implementing use of ORCID iDs to help investigators manage their research profiles and to more accurately track outcomes related to the Institute. WVCTSI investigators across WVCTSI partner sites should claim their ORCID iDs if they have not already done so and authorize your institution to receive your ORCID iD and use it in our systems.
What is ORCID?
ORCID iDs ensure you get credit for ALL of your work. Do you worry about getting credit for your research because your name is common or you have publications under multiple aliases? Do you struggle to keep track of all of your research outputs? Are you annoyed by having to enter the same information over and over in manuscript and grant submission systems? To solve these problems, there’s now ORCID, the Open Researcher and Contributor ID.
Connect your ORCID iD to your institution.
When you connect your ORCID iD, you grant your grant administrators access to receive your verified ORCID iD and assist with updates. Learn more here about authorizing your institution to receive your ORCID iD and use it in our systems.
Why register Your ORCID iD?
● Distinguishes you and ensures your research outputs and activities are correctly attributed to you
● Reliably and easily connects you with your contributions and affiliations
● Reduces form-filling: you enter data once, have it reused often)
● Improves recognition and discoverability for you and your research outputs
● Is interoperable: it works with many institutions, funders, and publishers
● Is persistent: you can use it throughout your research career Having an ORCID iD is also a requirement of many journal manuscript submission systems and grant application forms. Learn more about ORCID at https://orcid.org/help
Over time, this collaborative effort will reduce redundant entry of biographical and bibliographical data into multiple systems. Your ORCID iD will belong to you throughout your scholarly career as a persistent identifier to distinguish you from other researchers and ensure consistent, reliable attribution of your work.
To get started:
1.Claim your free ORCID iD at http://orcid.org/register or using WVCTSI's guided form at Activate/Provide your ORCID iD to WVCTSI.
2. Import your research outputs and add biographical information using our automated import wizards.
3. Use your ORCID when you apply for grants, submit publications, or share your CV.
Learn more at http://orcid.org.