WVCTSI's Principal Investigator Academy is having an event at the Erickson Alumni Center with remote connection. The evening will kick off at 6:00pm on Thursday, March 30 with time to socialize and network. Below panelists will then discuss, "Top Tips on How to Become a Successful Principal Investigator" from 6:30 to 7:30pm. RSVP here
- Jason C. Roberts, Associate Director, WVCTSI Clinical Trials Center of Excellence
- Judith Feinberg, MD, Vice Chair of Medicine for Research and Professor of Medicine and Behavioral Medicine and Psychiatry
- Richard Goldberg, MD, Professor Emeritus: WVU Cancer Institute
- Ronald Reed, BS Pharm, PharmD, FCCP, FAES, Professor and Arthur I. Jacknowitz Chair (endowed), Associate Chair, Clinical Research & Innovation, Dept. of Clinical Pharmacy
- Sally Hodder, MD, Vice President for Clinical and Translational Science & WVCTSI Director
The presentation will review the principal investigator’s responsibilities such as oversight and communication with research team members including the sponsor during the conduct of a clinical trial. Also, to be discussed will be, protocol adherence, how/when to report major and minor deviations or protocol non-compliance. In addition, regulatory authority audit readiness will be discussed. The goal of the presentation is for the attendee to recognize how to maintain compliance, data integrity and patient safety while conducting a clinical trial.
The target audience is investigators however other research team members are welcome to join via zoom. Continuing Education (CE) Credits will be offered. Please direct any questions regarding the presentation to Debbie Lee at email@example.com.