CEO Small Grant RFA
The WVCTSI Community Engagement and Outreach Core is requesting applications from community and practice partners for funding of up to $2,500 each to support the development or implementation of evidence-based or evidence-informed, research, dissemination, or quality improvement projects. Requests for funding of up to $5,000 will be considered with reasonable justification. These CEO mini grant applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Requests for funds may not exceed $2,500 ($5,000 with reasonable justification). Applications must address the priority categories specified on Page 2 of this Request for Applications (RFA). Review criteria will include:
- The scope of the project (i.e., whether it is feasible in the study period);
- The extent to which the project is evidence-based (i.e., shown in previous research or practice to be effective);
- Outreach capacity (i.e., demonstration of broad collaborations or partnerships with local, regional, and/or state programs);
- Proposals must be focused in West Virginia or the Appalachian region.
Additional Information on Eligibility:
- Leaders of pilot projects must hold a faculty appointment or equivalent at the time the pilot award commences. For the purposes of this RFA, these are individuals who can independently apply for Federal or non-Federal investigator-initiated peer-reviewed Research Project Grants (RPG). Individuals holding postdoctoral fellowships or other positions that lack independent status are not eligible to lead pilot projects.
- The Project lead for Pilot projects may not concurrently have research funding from other IDeA Program award mechanisms (e.g. INBRE, COBRE).
- Pilot projects may not overlap with ongoing WVCTSI-funded projects.
Cover Page (PDF)
Complete RFA (PDF) (Revised 7.10.15)
Applicants are strongly encouraged to contact Wes Kimble, MPA, email@example.com, Meghan Reeves, MPH, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Anne Bolyard, EdD, email@example.com with any questions or concerns prior to application submission. Technical assistance will be made available to you as needed in the completion of this application.
Applicants are also encouraged to contact Jay Mason, firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance related to community-engagement or practice-based research methods or issues.