The West Virginia Clinical and Translational Science Institute (WVCTSI) has released requests for applications (RFA) for the Launch Pilot Grant, Open Competition, and Small Grant funding opportunities.
In the Open Competition RFA, applicants can request up to $50,000 in funding which must be utilized over 12 months. These projects should address health care needs in West Virginia. Examples include, but are not limited to, addiction and resultant emerging epidemics (hepatitis C), cancer, cardiovascular disease, chronic lung disease, and neuroscience.
The Launch Pilot Grant program focuses on accelerating the translation of intellectual property developed by WVCTSI researchers into realized inventions and patents. Applicants can request up to $50,000 in funding, which must be utilized over 6 months.
The Small Grants RFA is an open competition where applicants can request up to $5,000 in funding to address the health care needs of West Virginia. This funding must be utilized over 6 months.
For information on Letter of Intent and full proposal deadlines for fall 2017, visit the WVCTSI funding page.
WVCTSI will hold multiple informational sessions to assist anyone interested in applying for funding.
- RFA Information Sessions:
- Wednesday, September 6, 3 p.m. t 4 p.m. – West Virginia University Health Sciences Center John Jones Conference Room C
- Mnday, September 18, 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. - West Virginia University Health Sciences Center John Jones Conference Room C
- Launch Pilot Lunch and Learn: Tuesday, September 12, 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. – Erma Byrd Biomedical Research Center Room 201. Information regarding potential broadcasting will be available in the coming weeks.
- Pilot Grant Workshops:
- Wednesday, September 13, 2 p.m. t 4 p.m. – West Virginia University Health Sciences Center John Jones Conference Room B.
- Infrmation regarding a Pilot Grant Workshop at Marshall University will be released in the coming weeks.
- RSVP t Meghan Reeves at MREEVES1@hsc.wvu.edu.
Applications must be submitted via email as a single PDF document to Meghan Reeves (MREEVES1@hsc.wvu.edu) on or before the competition due date.
Meghan Reeves, West Virginia Clinical and Translational Science Institute